Export Delaware invites Delaware women-and-minority-owned businesses to join us on a business trip to the UK to meet new customers and potential partners. Meeting face-to-face with prospective customers is critical to establishing new business relationships around the world. Let us help you make the right contacts overseas and achieve new international sales! We will arrange business meetings with distributors, agents, or customers according to your needs, all specific to your company.
Join us on a business trip to the UK
December 3-4, 2020
This Trip Includes:
- Assistance from State of Delaware’s trade representative, Declan Barry of Export Explore, in the UK and the Export Delaware team.
- In-country transportation on the trip.
- Preparation session, in-country briefing and follow-up support after the trip.
Why the UK?
According to the U.S. Department of Commerce UK Country Commercial Guide, the UK is an ideal market for Delaware exporters for various reasons:
- With relatively few trade barriers, the United Kingdom serves as the entry market into the European Union for more than 43,000 U.S. exporters. U.S. exports to the UK of goods and services combined were estimated to be worth about $140.8 billion in 2018.
- Highly developed, sophisticated, and diversified, the UK market is the largest in Europe and the fifth-largest in the world for U.S. goods exports. The United Kingdom is the largest market in the world for U.S. service exports.
- Major export categories include Aerospace Products, Agricultural Products, Cyber Security, Medical Equipment, Smart Grids, Sustainable Construction, and Travel & Tourism.
In addition to the UK, participants may be eligible to extend their trip in Europe, by participating in the business trip to France, November 16-20, 2020.
Trip Costs and Financial Assistance
Export Delaware is committed to planning a successful trip for your business. In fact, the services provided by the State are valued at $6,500 per company.
Your travel expenses may even be covered by the STEP Grant, a program by the SBA that will reimburse up to 50 percent of all pre-approved, eligible, export marketing expenses (up to a maximum of $7,000).
Apply by completing a STEP Grant Application here.