Export Delaware invites you to join us on a business trip to Scandinavia (Sweden and Denmark) to meet new customers and potential partners. Meeting face-to-face with prospective customers is critical to establishing new business relationships around the world. Let us help you make the right contacts overseas and achieve new international sales! We will arrange business meetings with distributors, agents, or customers according to your needs, all specific to your company.
Join us on a business trip to Scandinavia
October 12 – 16, 2020
This Trip Includes:
- Assistance from State of Delaware’s trade representative office, PM&P in Scandinavia and the Export Delaware team.
- In-country transportation on the trip.
- Preparation session, in-country briefing and follow-up support after the trip.
According to the US Department of Commerce, the Scandinavian countries comprise the world’s 12th largest economy (estimated GDP of U.S. $1.38 trillion), and are among the most innovative, competitive, and transparent in the world.
- Sweden has a GDP of $551 billion and a population of 10 million. It is the largest Scandinavian economy and boasts a transparent, highly developed, sophisticated and diversified market with few barriers to entry.
- Sweden consistently ranks among the top 10 worldwide for its connectivity, governance, investment in R&D, and business climate.
- The United States is Sweden’s largest trading partner outside of the EU. In 2018, U.S. merchandise exports to Sweden were valued at $4.5 billion and imports were $11.4 billion, generating a trade deficit of $6.9 billion (roughly the same deficit level as 2017). The U.S. exported $5.6 billion in services to Sweden in 2017 and imported $3.2 billion, a trade surplus of $2.4 billion.
- Major categories of U.S. exports to Sweden include aerospace/defense, automotive aftermarket, telecommunications equipment, healthcare/life sciences, information technologies, safety/security, clean-tech, industrial machines, and renewable energy.
- Denmark is a rich, modern society with state-of-the-art infrastructure and distribution systems, a highly skilled labor force, and a central location that makes it an excellent distribution point for the Scandinavian, Northern European, and Baltic markets.
- Denmark’s standard of living is among the highest in the world with a GDP per capita of USD 50,564 in 2017.
- Political and commercial relations with the United States are excellent. The United States is Denmark’s largest trading partner outside the EU, with almost a 10% share of total Danish export.
- Major US imports include industrial machinery, capital equipment, computers, and telecom products, software, aircraft, and scientific instruments. Other important U.S. exports to Denmark are military equipment, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, tobacco, wine, fresh vegetables, nuts, and forest products.
Trip Costs and Financial Assistance
Export Delaware is committed to planning a successful trip for your business. In fact, the services provided by the State are valued at $6,500 per company.
Your travel expenses may even be covered by the STEP Grant, a program by the SBA that will reimburse up to 50 percent of all pre-approved, eligible, export marketing expenses (up to a maximum of $7,000).
Apply by completing a STEP Grant Application here.