Did you know that Vietnam and Thailand are ranked among the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia?
Delaware businesses found great prospects in Vietnam and have been successful from the last state business trip. We are pleased to expand the program and return to the fastest growing country in the world for U.S. exports. This time, we are adding on two days in Thailand. We invite you to join us, October 14-18, 2019!
International business trips with Export Delaware provide an excellent opportunity to meet face-to-face with distributors and potential customers – all with the assistance of seasoned global trade experts. Meeting with prospective customers face-to-face is critical to establishing new business relationships around the world. Let us help you make the right contacts in Southeast Asia and achieve new export sales!
Vietnam and Thailand Business Trip
October 13 – 19, 2019
Delaware exporters with products and services in life sciences, healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and biotechnology, industrial chemicals, IT, environmental technology and transportation, should strongly consider exporting to to these markets.
In 1980, Vietnam experienced a wave of economic reform that springboarded business growth since then. Now, the nation has a growth rate of 5.4% (second highest in all of Asia).
- Vietnam has the fastest-growing middle and affluent class in the region.
- Vietnam’s population is made up of over 93 million consumers who are eager for U.S. goods and services.
- Thailand is the 2nd largest economy in the ASEAN region and the 9th largest destination in the world for US exports.
- Thailand offers significant opportunities for both business service companies and manufacturers. Best prospects include those in medical, infrastructure, food processing, defense, and environmental sectors.
Trip details and cost:
Export Delaware is committed to providing the State’s small and medium businesses with a successful business trip.
Your participation on the trip includes:
- Assistance from State of Delaware’s trade representative, Sarath Menon in-country, and the Export Delaware team.
- Translation of sales presentations and materials and in-country transportation and interpreters on the trip.
- Preparation session, in-country briefing and follow-up support after the trip.
“During this is trip we were able to have face to face discussions in Vietnam with prospects in regards to development work for them.”
– Katherine Bekev, B&W Tek
Although these services provided by the State are valued at $6,500 per company, they are financed by the SBA and the State of Delaware, at no cost to the participating companies.
A portion of the travel expenses may even be covered by the STEP Grant, a program by the SBA that will reimburse up to 50 percent of all pre-approved, eligible, export marketing expenses (up to a maximum of $7,000).
Next Steps and Resources
If you’re interested in participating in this trip, contact Beth Pomper today.
Never miss an event or update: subscribe to our newsletter