Did you know that Singapore and Vietnam are ranked among the fastest growing economies in South East Asia?
The Export Delaware team is headed to Singapore and Vietnam in September, and we invite you to join us! International business trips with Export Delaware provide an excellent opportunity to meet face-to-face with distributors and potential customers – all with the assistance of seasoned global trade experts.
Meeting with prospective customers face-to-face is critical to establishing new business relationships around the world. Let us help you make the right contacts in Southeast Asia and achieve new export sales!
Singapore and Vietnam Business Trip
September 21-26, 2018
Singapore has one of the most successful Free Trade Agreements on record, and the cost to import is very low compared to other countries. This gives Delaware companies and products a competitive advantage. There are strong opportunities for businesses that offer environmental equipment and industrial automation. The the healthcare industry is in demand of medical devices, lab and scientific equipment, medical research and education services.
Quick facts about Singapore’s healthcare industry:
- Singapore is known for having the best healthcare system in Asia.
- 8 of the world’s top 10 pharmaceutical companies have operations in Singapore.
- The nation is home to the top two universities in Asia and 7,000 researchers and 50 R&D companies.
In 1980, Vietnam experienced a wave of economic reform that springboarded business growth since then. Now, the nation has a growth rate of 5.4% (second highest in all of Asia).
- Vietnam has the fastest-growing middle and affluent class in the region.
- The population in the nation is made up of over 93 million consumers who are eager for U.S. goods and services.
- Although the surrounding region is known to be politically unstable, Vietnam is stable and the economy is strong.
Trip details and cost:
Export Delaware is committed to providing the State’s small and medium businesses with a successful business trip.
Your participation on the trip includes:
- Assistance from State of Delaware’s trade representative, Sarath Menon in-country, and the Export Delaware team.
- Translation of sales presentations and materials (if needed) and in-country transportation and interpreters on the trip.
- Preparation session, in-country briefing and follow-up support after the trip.
“We really feel that great value was gained from this program, and Beth Pomper was really helpful as our liaison.”
– Kris Taylor, Contribute Cloud
Although these services provided by the State are valued at $6,500 per company, they are financed by the SBA and the State of Delaware, at no cost to the participating companies.
A portion of the travel expenses may even be covered by the STEP Grant, a program by the SBA that will reimburse up to 50 percent of all pre-approved, eligible, export marketing expenses (up to a maximum of $5,000).
Next Steps and Resources
If you’re interested in participating in this trip, contact Beth Pomper today.