Did you know that Colombia is the only country in Latin America with 5 major city hubs? The recent Free Trade Agreement between the USA and Colombia paves the way for Delaware businesses to increase exports to the nation.
The Global Delaware team is headed to Colombia in February, and we invite you to join us! International business trips with Global Delaware provide an excellent opportunity to meet face-to-face with distributors and potential customers – all with the assistance of seasoned global trade experts.
Meeting with prospective customers face-to-face is critical to establishing new business relationships around the world. Let us help you make the right contacts in Latin America and achieve new export sales!
Colombia Business Trip
March 12-16, 2018
We carefully selected the Colombian market as part of the State’s Strategic Export Program this year because the nation offers tremendous opportunities for Delaware companies. Businesses that have products or services in the health, security, environmental, wind energy, mass transit, auto parts, oil and gas, and food and beverage industries should consider participating in this trip.
- 96% of medical devices, lab equipment, and consumables enter duty free.
- 3rd largest population in South America; 48 million with a growing middle class.
- Bogota is expanding the bus rapid transit system and is in the early stage of developing a metro system.
- 3rd largest automotive manufacturer in Latin America; 2nd largest manufacturer of motorcycles.
Trip details and cost:
Global Delaware is committed to providing the State’s small and medium businesses with a successful business trip.
Your participation on the trip includes:
- Assistance from State of Delaware’s trade representative, Migel de Regial in Colombia, and the Global Delaware team.
- Translation of sales presentations and materials (if needed) and in-country transportation and interpreters on the trip.
- Preparation session, in-country briefing and follow-up support after the trip.
“These trips with Global Delaware can be real game changers. Each trip we’ve gone on has given us solid leads, both direct customer and distribution partnerships, and led to new business overseas.”
– Tom Zawislak, B&W Tek
Although these services provided by the State are valued at $6,500 per company, they are financed by the SBA and the State of Delaware, at no cost to the participating companies.
A portion of the travel expenses may even be covered by the STEP Grant, a program by the SBA that will reimburse up to 50 percent of all pre-approved, eligible, export marketing expenses (up to a maximum of $5,000).
Next Steps and Resources
If you’re interested in participating in this trip, contact Beth Pomper today.
Colombia Trip Flyer
Never miss an event or update: subscribe to our newsletter