Australia is a great market for Delaware small businesses and new exporters. The U.S. and Australia share similar language, business and cultural ties and have developed a long-lasting trade relationship supported by a Free Trade Agreement.
The Delaware Export team is headed to Australia in June, and we invite you to join us! International business trips with the Delaware Department of State provide an excellent opportunity to meet face-to-face with distributors and potential customers – all with the assistance of seasoned global trade experts.
Meeting with prospective customers face-to-face is critical to establishing new business relationships around the world. Let us help you make the right contacts in Southeast Asia and achieve new export sales!
Australia Business Trip
June 3-8, 2018
Australia offers export opportunities in many different sectors: Infrastructure; Health and Medical Technology; Information Computer Technology, Digital technology; and Defense and Security. In addition, the nation has a strong growing economy:
- 13th largest economy in the world, experiencing its 27th year of consecutive annual economic growth.
- GDP estimated at $1.5 trillion.
- The value of the nation’s total production has tripled in the last 20 years.
- In 2016, exports from Delaware to Australia were valued at $100 million.
Trip details and cost:
The Delaware Department of State is committed to providing the State’s small and medium businesses with a successful business trip.
Your participation on the trip includes:
- Assistance from State of Delaware’s trade representative, Angela Foley in-country.
- In-country transportation and interpreters on the trip.
- Preparation session, in-country briefing and follow-up support after the trip.
“These trips with the Delaware Department of State can be real game changers. Each trip we’ve gone on has given us solid leads, both direct customer and distribution partnerships, and led to new business overseas.”
– Tom Zawislak, B&W Tek
Although these services provided by the State are valued at $6,500 per company, they are financed by the SBA and the State of Delaware, at no cost to the participating companies.
A portion of the travel expenses may even be covered by the STEP Grant, a program by the SBA that will reimburse up to 50 percent of all pre-approved, eligible, export marketing expenses (up to a maximum of $5,000).
Next Steps and Resources
If you’re interested in participating in this trip, contact Beth Pomper today.